Box Office Manager Job Description:
Organization: Opera Naples, Inc.
Location: Naples, Florida
Job Type: Part Time
Career Level: Experienced
Education: High School or equivalent
- Maintain the highest level of customer service, managing and resolving in person and phone customer service issues, in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that all customers are provided superior customer service.
- Interact positively and communicate effectively internally with CEO, Office Manager, Accountant and Artistic Staff.
- Interact positively and communicate effectively externally with venues, patrons and ticketing provider.
- Maintain a positive goal focused team environment within the organization.
- Administer ticketing initiatives including, but not limited to, presales, sponsorship programs, and VIP packages.
- Effectively manage day-to-day operations of the Box Office.
- Responsible for all aspects of ticket sales.
- Oversee ticket prices, sales, orders, arrangements, schedules and season subscriptions.
- Create, complete, and manage accurate and timely reports, including ticket counts as required.
- Create, maintain, modify, and manage all ticketed events in a computerized environment utilizing ticketing and accounting systems.
- Manage and monitor communication between all critical parties to ensure accurate completion of ticket counts, First Class Mail tickets arrive on time, Will Call, guest list, and all other Box Office processes leading up to the actual event.
- Reconciliation and accounting of all ticket sales for each event.
- Responsible for daily balancing and reconciliation of all revenues collected from ticket sales and ancillary income.
- Manage the process of filling internal order requests timely and accurately.
- Inventory, maintain, and order all Box Office supplies and equipment as needed.
- Organize department and financial information for internal and external meetings as required.
- Adhere to all Opera Naples ticketing initiatives, programs, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Office Manager and CEO.
- Minimum three years Box Office / Ticketing supervisory or management experience required.
- High School Diploma required. College Degree preferred.
- Proficient typing skills required.
- Ability to provide leadership, engage in positive interaction with staff and guests, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, communicate and diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact.
- Skill and working knowledge of computerized ticketing operations and software (Tix.com Host system, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook), guest relations & phone etiquette, long term and immediate decision making, verbal / written communication, accounting / cash management procedures.
- Ability to multi-task daily, be organized, detail oriented, self-driven, forecast issues and handle last minute projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
Skills & Qualities Desired:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective written communication skills
- Resourceful, innovative and forward-thinker
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge in sales, computer operation and other related software such as a computerized box office system,
- Display of developing and growing knowledge of Tix.com operating systems
- Reliability with cash reconciliation and reporting
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Availability, flexibility, and reliability in scheduling
Education & Knowledge Desired:
- High School/Equivalent
- Basic Computer Aptitude
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Position may involve standing for several hours at a time
- Ability to work in a loud, crowded environment
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Opera Naples strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OPERA NAPLES GENERAL & CHORUS AUDITIONS
To schedule an audition please contact Music Administrator, Chorus Master and Educational Outreach Director Ms. Robin Shuford Frank by email at: email@example.com